In July 2012 we held our second annual Cornography, a festival of art on the theme of food.
The afternoon included A Funeral for Bad Food, detailed in an earlier blog post.
Are you curious about what food our audience members wanted to put six feet under? Well, I was too, so I dug up all those little coffins. Call me a grave robber if you will, but I couldn't resist.
- Chicken fingers
- Bottled sauce (had a picture of skull and crossbones)
- Trans fats
- Fast food
- The sardines my neighbour smokes
- Jelly beans
- Monsanto corn
- Flesh of animals... cute or otherwise
- Peel chopped boiled potatoes
- A & W fast food
- Brussel sprouts
- Cheese strings and yogurt tubes
- Brocili, brustles sprouts, green beans
- Coca Cola
- Catchya later, ketchup!
- All GMO's
- GMO soya
- White bread
- RIP chips
- I wish I wish I never heard of chips!!!
- Chicken McNuggets
- Factory-farmed cows
- Ban Duncan Hines - put some effort into scratch
- Macaroni infused deli meat
- Kraft Dinner
I love the diversity in what people wrote! Everything from the obvious evils concocted by our corporate overlords, to the naughty snacks we struggle to resist, to children's loathing of vegetables. It's a beautiful thing to see people of all ages embracing the opportunity to express their ideas and opinions.
What food would you banish if you could have things your way?